The Municipal Government of Lupon in partnership and coordination with the Municipal Cooperative Development Office culminated the month-long celebration of the Cooperative Month last October 12, 2017 to highlight the invaluable contribution of the cooperative movement in empowering the poor and marginalized sectors of society, the present administration showed full support for the benefit of all members of the Municipal Cooperative Development Council.
With the this year’s cooperative theme: “COOPERATIVES: Empowering the poor and the vulnerable towards job creation and poverty eradication.” The celebration culmination activities started with a thanksgiving mass and a motorcade participated by various cooperative members in the municipality at 8 o’clock in the morning from the Parish Center and ended at the People’s Park, where the culminating ceremony and several activities took place.
Municipal Councilor and Chairperson on Cooperatives, Hon. Edna B. Bote, gave a solidarity message and recognized the significant contributions and accomplishments of the cooperatives in the municipality.
The Municipal Government through the Municipal Cooperative Development Officer, Mr. Louie P. Cantiga, expressed gratitude to the Municipal Government of Lupon through Hon. Mayor Erlinda D. Lim for the wholehearted support which was monumental to the success of the whole day activity.
During the said celebration, outreach activities were also conducted and initiated where the cooperative sector showed its social concern and responsibility through Community Service by conducting a Clean-up Drive around Poblacion.
These are the following cooperatives in Lupon who participated in the celebration of Cooperative Month 2017:
- Seed to Rice Producers Cooperative – Mr. Henry Lim
- Pantukan Chess Club Cooperative – Lupon – Ms. Luz Carungay
- Limbahan Small Coconut Farmers and Womens Multi-purpose Cooperative – Ms. Leny Tomas-Rosas
- Southern Care Service Cooperative – Ms. Isabilita Barrientos
- King Multi-purpose Cooperative – Lupon – Mr. Reynaldo Alameda
- Center for Community Transformation Credit Cooperative – Mr. Conrado Sogo-an, Jr.
- Davao Oriental Market Multi-purpose Cooperative – Mr. Marlon Magno
- Davao Oriental Teachers and Employees Credit Cooperative – Ms. Mary Grace Nolasco
- Nagkahiusang Kristohanong Mag-uuma sa Cocornon Cooperative
The celebration of Cooperative Month every October is in accordance with the Presidential Proclamation No. 493 dated October 27, 2003 that aims to encourage public participation and awareness about cooperatives, its importance in nation building and its contributions to sustainable economic development.