Jayson Mahinay, Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Chairman of Barangay Ilangay, was elected President of the SK Federation in Lupon, Davao Oriental yesterday, May 29.
The election was held at the Sangguniang Bayan Session Hall which was supervised by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).
Of the 21 barangays, only 20 SK Chairpersons were present.
Other elected SK Federation Officers were:
- Vice President: RIMARK JAY PORIA (Poblacion)
- Secretary: CECILLE GUDES (New Visayas)
- Treasurer: AVRIL GONZALES (Limbahan)
- Auditor: KYLA TRIPOLI (Calapagan)
- PRO: EDZIL CATISAY (Tagboa)
- Sgt. at Arms: ANDY PRINCE COSTAN (Langka)
Mahinay, a Senior High School student of Lupon National Comprehensive High School, along with the other officers were all unopposed.
He is ready to face the challenges as the SK Federation President and a member of the Municipal Council.
Mayor Erlinda D. Lim is hopeful that this batch of SK will be more involve in barangay activities, and they will be more active and participative or more vocal SK Officials.